Thursday, March 2, 2017

New Video On My YouTube Channel: Space Feather Illustration




Hi friends! I just uploaded a brand new video to my YouTube channel so please check it out, give it a like and be sure to subscribe. 

For this project I used watercolor paper, pencil, Micron ink pen, and Windsor & Newton watercolor paints, but you can use whatever you have on hand. 

Feathers are super-popular right now in art and illustration so I thought I'd share my own version...the space feather :) 

I start with a pencil sketch to get my shape on the paper, and then I bring in the big guns (black ink pen) to go over the outline and add the designs. Using simple lines and circles and a few spirals I fill in the feather areas thinking up the designs as I work. 

Once my drawing is finished I add a little bit of watercolor paint just to give it a blush of color.

I added the script lettering so that you could see how you can easily fancy it up by adding an additional line on the down-stroke, and then fill it in with a little bit of watercolor paint to tie it in nicely with your painting. 

I hope to do a few jewelry making videos in the near future so be sure to check back! 

If there is anything in particular that you'd like to see just leave me a comment!



















I hope you have a great week! 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns